Monday, February 27, 2012

Neilaroo's Nibblin's - ALO

Quick, name a song by ELO. Quick, name another.

That second song eluded me for the entire set of ALO when I saw them at Tambaleo (closed in 2007).

ALO has performed with Jack Johnson; they're performing with Galactic in Denver. They are appearing at SXSW (date TBD) and at Nolafunk.

How to describe them? Let's just say I remember a dark bar, couches, weird clips of movies playing behind the band, and "It's a giving thing... what a terrible thing lose" repeating over and over in my head. In other words, I don't recall the band at all.

Only 532 people have added ALO to their Bonnalineup so far (Radiohead has 6600), so I rate this band as "Hidden Gem". Here's a plus: they play instruments.

What are your thoughts on ALO? ALYes or ALNo?

No comments:

Post a Comment